Location: Eden Square, Block 3, 6th floor, Greenway Rd off Westland’s Rd
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 07.45-16.00
Friday 07.45 -13.00
A visa is primarily issued by the Embassy or a Consulate of the main destination country. .
The processing of a visa takes approximately 7 days, but it is advisable that applications are submitted well in advance as the processing can take over 2 weeks. The Embassy of Finland in Nairobi requires a personal visit by all visa applicants. Applications submitted by fax or e-mail cannot be accepted.
The final decision for entering the country always rests with the border control officials.
Upon arrival at the border of Finland, the Border Guard Service has the right to check that all entry requirements have been met.
- Visa Application form duly completed and signed by the applicant.
- Visa questionnaire
- Passport (including previous passports, if any) or travel document Valid for at least three months after the end of the journey. Kenyan resident permit or re-entry stamp for non-Kenyans.
- One Colour Photograph (47 x 36 mm) the photo is to be a recent (no older than 6 months) colour photograph of the applicant. It is to be of high quality with a neutral and light coloured, even-textured and evenly lit background. Neither squinting nor smiling is allowed, and the applicant is to be facing the camera directly, with his head and shoulders straight. Head coverings worn for religious purposes need to be worn in such a manner that the entirety of the applicant’s face is clearly visible. Dirty, scratched or otherwise damaged photos cannot be accepted.
- Visa Application Fee (NON-REFUNDABLE) EURO 60 / or equivalent in Kenya Shillings
- Proof of purpose of travel e.g. invitation letter (not older than 3 months). Please ensure that you have included the name, address, telephone number and date of birth (if private visit) of your host.
- Sufficient funds, or evidence of maintenance available in Finland The minimum amount of money required is EURO 30 (thirty) per day (this is in addition to accommodation)
- Evidence of accommodation available in Finlande.g. hotel reservations
- Flight booking / tickets when submitting the application a booking for a return flight is sufficient.
- Travel Insurance Obtainable at travel agencies or insurance companies. To cover any expenses which might arise in connection with urgent medical attention, emergency hospital treatment, and repatriation for medical reasons or in case of death. The minimum coverage shall be EURO 30 000 (or equivalent in KSH). The travel insurance must be valid throughout the Schengen territory and for the entire duration of your stay. The original insurance policy is to be presented at the Embassy at the time of submitting the application.
- Consent of both parents for minors
British passport holders do not need visa to Finland.
All documents need to be submitted in original + 1 set of copies
All documents must be submitted at the time of application; the Visa Section will not accept incomplete applications.
The Embassy of Finland may request additional documentation.
Decisions on visa applications are made at the Embassy of Finland. Decisions are final and not subject to appeal.
For additional information contact the Embassy email@example.com, tel. 020-3750 721-4 or visit httpsss://formin.finland.fi or httpsss://www.finland.or.ke
APPLICATION FEES (NON REFUNDABLE)
Schengen Visa € 60
Residence Permit € 200
Residence Permit – Students € 55
Transfer of Permit to a new passport € 20
Legalization of document € 30
Passport (Finnish passport, Laissez-passer) € 90
Courier fee to Kampala € 15
Entrance Exam € 100
Fees payable in Kenya Shillings
For the detailed visa application instructions and requirements, contact the Embassy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications sent by fax or post are not accepted!
The applicant has to come to the Embassy in person to apply for the visa.