Location Limuru Road, Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel.: (254-20) 3741419
Fax: (254-20) 366 3914
Hours of operation Monday to Thursday:
To submit applications: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
To collect applications: 2:00 p.m.
Processing takes 5working days after receipt
British passport holder do not need a visa if they are going for visiting
How to submit your application
- In person to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Nairobi: Office Suites, B wing, 4th Floor, Parklands Road
- Application forms
- Fees for processing application (see below)
- Valid passport for each person (no additional sheets: if there is no blank page, you will have to obtain a new passport).
- Old passports as proof of previous trips.
- Two recent passport-size photos for each person (no scanned photos).
- detailed proof of financial situation: recent bank statement, term deposits, properties, proof of income tax payments, business registration, financial statement, sponsorship by a third person (and proof that this person has the financial means to fulfill their commitment); we do not accept cash, traveller’s cheques or credit cards as proof of a person’s financial situation.
- Letter from employer authorizing leave (with position, years of service and salary) or proof of enrolment in school if you are a student.
- Other documentation (family, financial, employment, property ties) in order to satisfy the officer that you will return to your country of residence after your visit.
- Notarized authorization by father AND mother for any unaccompanied minor under 18 (and present original of authorization upon entry to Canada).
- for a visit to family members or a friend, letter of invitation stating name, address, telephone number, e-mail, family relationship and length of your stay in Canada, as well as proof that your host resides legally in Canada (citizenship, permanent residence, study or work permit, etc.); if your host undertakes to pay for your trip, he or she must complete the “Undertaking of Support Form” (see above under “Application Forms”) and submit proof of employment (with years of service and salary), a bank statement and a copy of the summary page of his or her last income tax statement from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- For a business trip, an official letter from the company sending you and one from the company inviting you with all required information (names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers, as well as purpose and length of trip and funding arrangements); for a conference or training, submit proof of registration and funding.
- Note: The officer may request additional documents or a personal interview.
Temporary Resident Visa (tourism, family, business) – one entry USD 65, Kes 4,500
Temporary Resident Visa (tourism, family, business) – multiple entry USD 120, Kes 9,000