TEL: Main High Commission Number: 427 7100
TEL: Immigration and Visa Enquiries: 427 7160
VISITOR/TOURIST VISAS (form 48R) – REQUIREMENTS
A valid application should have the applicable visa application charge, a completed form 48R and a passport size photograph of each applicant. It is in the interest of the applicant to ensure that ALL the documentation detailed on this list is provided at the time of lodgment of your application.
The visa application charge is USD 70 or Kshs. 4,800. Please note that this office will only accept payment in cash for US Dollars and Kenya Shillings at the counter. Payment in US Dollars being sent by courier, should be made by International bank draft made payable to Australian High Commission and the draft should be drawn on a bank in New York. Personal cheques and credit cards are NOT acceptable.
THE APPLICATION FEE IS NON-REFUDABLE
Please note that the counter, general and passport enquiries hours are 8am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Immigration and visa enquiries: Telephone enquiries Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 1200
Opening hours Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 11:00am
Please provide originals and certified copies of the required documents. All original documents provided in support of the application will be returned to the applicant upon finalization of the application. Documents that are issued in languages other than English must be accompanied with an official English translation.
- A valid passport for the period of your stay in Australia.
- If you are employed: – a letter from your employer with details of your income, length of your Contract/ employment, amount of leave and if your employment will continue on your return from Australia.
- If you are a student: – evidence of your enrollment at your school/college or university.
- All applicants aged below 18 years of age and who are not traveling with both parents must provide a statutory declaration from the non-traveling parent/guardian giving permission to travel to Australia. Certified copies of parents’/guardian’s national identity cards or passports must be provided.
- Evidence of funds available to you; such as original and certified copies of bank statements. If the intended travel is being supported by a third person or organization, an undertaking by that person or organization to provide the funds must be provided.
- A signed letter of authorization for this office to verify any bank statements provided in support of the application. The letter of authorization should be issued and signed by the account holder of the bank statements provided. Alternatively, the account holder should complete and sign the attached authorization letter to enable this office to verify the bank statements provided in support of the application.
- If anyone in Australia is paying for your ticket, providing you with funds or maintaining you while in Australia, they need to send evidence of funds (i.e. bank statements) to this office.
PO Box 39765 – 00623, NAIROBI KENYA Telephone: (254-20) 4445034-9 Facsimile: (254-20) 4442151 email: Immigration.Nairobi@dfat.gov.au
- Evidence of your incentives to return to your home country; examples of evidence can be land/assets/bank statements, evidence of employment/business registration, and evidence of remaining family members in form of birth certificates/marriage certificate.
- If you intend to visit a close relative or friend in Australia, please provide full name of your relatives or friends you intend to visit giving details of their dates of birth, a letter of invitation and what is being provided for you in Australia i.e. accommodation, spending money, fare, food and any other costs.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION UNDERTAKES VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF AN APPLICATION.
ADDITIONAL MEDICAL REQUIREMENT FOR SOME APPLICANTS
If you are intending to stay in Australia for longer than 3 months, you will be required to undergo a medical and x-ray examination with an appointed Australian Government doctor in your country of residence. Please supply 2 additional passport size photographs with your application for this purpose (3 in total). You will be advised when your medical forms are ready for collection.
Send your application for processing to:
P.O. Box 39765