Once upon a dream; in the ancient land of Deighton Downs, at a time of great hardship, adventure, and loneliness, a young African found himself at the foothills of the Aberdare Ranges overlooking the Laikipia Plains. As he grew up there, enveloped in a harsh wilderness, unto him came an immortal dream. That dream now stands as Tafaria Castle and Country Lodge
Tafaria is a 29 room lodge built on a hill overlooking the Aberdare Range, Laikipia Plains and Mount Kenya, halfway between Nyeri and Nyahururu, Kenya. Completed in 2012 AD, this unique and exciting lodge has been conceived to excite two states of mind; that of adventure stimulated by the remote location within reach of rich Kenyan wildlife and medieval architectural style that runs from the castle to the similarly themed cottages, and relaxation facilitated by the high altitude, secluded spot and gentle, manicured grounds ideal for weddings and photo sessions.
The castle houses the Lord’s Room which is ideal for honeymooners or those looking for extra luxury. It overlooks the castle’s four residential quarters; the Damsels’ Quarters are optimally sized, the Knights’ Quarters are perfect if you would like that extra space or the Vikings’ Quarters if you fancy being tented. If you have a family or prefer even more space, the Lost Knights’ Quarters or the Old House which is a three-bedroom cottage will provide you with that spacious accommodation.
The Bailey restaurant is open throughout the day till 11pm to both the lodge residents and non-residents. Guests can either dine in the inner or the outer section of the Bailey. The Moat Bar is where you enjoy your refreshments as you lookout to the Aberdare Ranges. Enjoy your favourite drink ranging from cocktails to age-old wine as you listen to your favourite music.
The Tafaria Castle is within 30 minutes reach of rich African wildlife in the Aberdare ranges and the Laikipia Plains. We can organize game drives into the Aberdares or the conservancies within the Laikipia Plains.
Wedding Venues: Tafaria Castle offers you manicured grounds, exclusive use of the Castle, and a honeymoon suite. With an English medieval architectural style, Tafaria is a unique venue for your dream wedding.
Conference Venues: We offer both day and residential conference facilities. These include a choice of an indoor meeting room or a marquee in our gentle manicured grounds.
- Satellite TV*
- Swimming Pool
- Credit Card Facilities
- Restaurant on Premises
- Parking on Premises
- Vikings Quarters Luxury Tents Sleeps 2 Includes: All Meals Rooms / Units: 6 The six luxury tents each contain a double bed, an en-suite bathroom with a shower, and a private patio.
- Damsels Quarters Sleeps 4 Includes: All Meals Rooms / Units: 10 These optimally sized rooms can be occupied as either singles or doubles
- Knights Quarters Sleeps 3 Includes: All Meals Rooms / Units: 6 These rooms are ideal if you would like extra space and each room contains an en-suite bathroom.
- Lost Knights Quarters Sleeps 2 Includes: All Meals Rooms / Units: 3 These four large rooms and can be occupied either as singles or as doubles. One of the rooms is a family room .
- The Lords Room Sleeps 2 Includes: All Meals Rooms / Units: 1 This room is ideal for honeymoon couples or those looking for extra luxury, and is located on the second floor.
- The Old House Sleeps 6 Includes: All Meals Rooms / Units: 1 The Old House is a three-bedroom cottage that can accommodate a maximum of six people sharing.
+254 700 151 480 or +254 708 877 244
Write to us
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tafaria is situated along the road between nyeri and nyahururu. Getting to Tafaria takes approximately 3hours driving from Nairobi. Tafaria is 65km from Nyeri and 39km from Nyahururu. After Nyeri or Nyahururu, take Nyeri-Nyahururu road and turn left at the sign “Tafaria Castle and Country Lodge”. Tafaria is 5 km off the main road.