Best Reasons to visit Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Paro Valley, Bhutan
- A prominent Buddhist monastery that perched on 3000 m high granite cliff in the Paro Valley of Bhutan.
- Tiger’s Nest monastery is famous as Paro Taktsang.
- It was built back in 1692 on the exact location where the Guru Padmasambhava (a holy figure in Mahayana Buddhism) meditated.
- Hiking the trail through the beautiful pine forest will be an unforgettable experience for you!
- The Paro Taktsang monastery consists of 4 temples and several other rooms. The staircases interconnect all sections of the monastery.
- From the balconies of this monastery, you can enjoy a stunning view of majestic mountains and green valleys.