Best Reasons to visit Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- The most famous tourist attraction of India and one of seven wonders of the world.
- Taj Mahal is the symbol of pure love. This amazing mausoleum was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as the final resting place for his wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
- The Taj Mahal constructed between years 1632 and 1653. It is the most excellent example of Mughal architecture.
- The name ‘Taj Mahal’ means ‘crown of palaces.’ This beautiful marble mausoleum has a huge central dome and many smaller domes. There are also four decorative pillars or minarets on the four corners of the Taj Mahal.
- Taj Mahal has a height of 240 feet, and all four sides of this monument are perfectly identical.
- It appears in different colors in different times of a day – pinkish at morning, milky white at evening and golden at night.
- Taj Mahal situates in a vast land of 17 hectares. The site also includes a number of other buildings, a beautiful 300 square meter garden, and a reflecting pool.