Best Reasons to visit Stonehenge, England, United Kingdom
- Stonehenge is an elaborate prehistoric monument located in the Salisbury city of England. It consists of a ring of standing stones. The impressive Stonehenge monument is one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
- There is no clear explanation about the creators and purpose behind this amazing stone monument. It is believed to be the Stonehenge was built between 3000 B.C and 2000 B.C.
- It is said to be the construction of Stonehenge took more than 30 million hours of labor.
- The Stonehenge aligned with midwinter sunset and midsummer sunset.
- There are two types of stone used of the construction of Stonehenge – sarsen stones and blue stones. The blue stones weigh between 20 and 25 tones, and sarsen stones weigh up to 4 tonnes. Surprisingly, these huge stones were brought from 240 miles away from places. Still, nobody knows how the Ancestors succeed in such an impossible task.