Best Reasons to visit Sagano Bamboo Forest, Kyoto, Japan
- One of the most photographed and beautiful natural site in Kyoto, located in the district of Arashiyama.
- It covers an area of 6.17 square miles.
- When the wind blows, the entire forest will fill with the magical music of nature. Sagano bamboo forest also featured on the list of 100 soundscapes of Japan by the ministry of environment.
- There are well-maintained paths throughout the site.
- Tenryu temple – One of the main temples of Kyoto also located near the Sagano bamboo forest. It was built back in 1339 by Shogun Ashikaga Takauji.