Best Reasons to visit Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
- Plitvice National Park is the most popular tourist attraction in Croatia. It is one of the oldest National Park in Europe.
- The park includes 16 breathtaking lakes that are interconnected by a series of waterfalls.
- These lakes were formed by the thousands of years of continuous flowing of water over the limestone. The striking turquoise coloration of Plitvice lakes is due to the mixing up of minerals with the water.
- The Plitvice lakes divided into two different sections. Most of largest lakes of Plitvice are in the upper section, and the small, shallow lakes are in the lower section. The upper part of Plitvice lakes surrounded by lush, green forest.
- There are well-maintained walking trails that offer a closer view of the artificial lakes of Plitvice. It typically takes 5-6 hours for the completion.
- Plitvice National Park is also home to rich wildlife including brown bear, wolf, eagle owl, deer and 125 species of birds.