Best Reasons to visit Namib desert
- More than 50 million years old Namib desert referred to as the oldest desert in the world. The majority of this large desert lies within Namibia. It also covers some regions of Angola and South Africa.
- The Namib Naukluft National Park that protects the Namib desert is one of the largest conservation areas in the world. Surrounded by the gorgeous red dunes, the Sossusvlei is the most scenic area of this National Park.
- The surreal looking ‘Deadvlei’ is the most famous part of Sossusvlei. It is a white clay pan from which charcoal-black colored trees stand. Deadvlei surrounded by the highest dunes in the world, rise to a height between 300-400 meters.
- The meeting of Namib desert with the cold waters of Atlantic ocean will take your breath away. The coastal town of Swakopmund is the best spot to witness this bizarre meeting of a desert with a beach.
- Namib is the only desert in the world that home to elephants. They are well adapted to live in a harsh, arid region.