Best Reasons to visit Matterhorn, Switzerland-Italy Border
- Perhaps the most photographed mountain in the world, situated on the border between Switzerland and Italy.
- The 4478.12 meters high, pyramid-shaped Matterhorn is one of the tallest and most beautiful mountains in the Alps.
- Matterhorn is accessible from Zermatt of Switzerland and Breuil- Cervinia of Italy.
- The four faces of the Matterhorn mountain are steep, and avalanches are also very frequent here. So the ascent of Matterhorn can only be achieved by expert mountaineers. The first ascent made in 1865.
- There is a cable car station at an altitude of 3820 meters above sea level. It is the highest cable car station in Europe. A ride on cable car here will bring you an unbelievable view of the Matterhorn and surrounding places!