Best Reasons to visit Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir, India
- With the remote location and scenic landscapes, the Ladakh region is one of the surreal looking places in India.
- It is a beautiful highland that nestled between the great Himalayas and Karakoram mountain ranges. The glaciers, lush green valleys, spectacular lakes and rivers of Ladakh will leave you breathless!
- The magnetic hill in the Leh-Srinagar highway is one of the main attractions in Ladakh. Due to the optical illusion, you could see the running of vehicles up against a steep hill even after turned the ignition off.
- At an elevation of 17582 feet, the Khardung La pass in Ladakh is one of the highest motorable roads in the world. Thus, Ladakh is indeed a paradise of bikers.
- There are many unbelievably beautiful lakes in Ladakh. The Pangong Tso lake in the Southeast of Leh city is the most famous lake of Ladakh. The water of this spectacular lake display different shades of blue, green and red in a different period.
- The Nubra valley in Ladakh is among the most beautiful valleys in the world. It is also known as Moon land because in winter this beautiful valley resembles the landscape of Moon. This valley is famous for its steep hills, dunes, monasteries, and scenic villages.