Best Reasons to visit Kerala, India
- With the pristine beaches, great backwaters, majestic mountains, rich wildlife, and amazing festivals, Kerala is truly a paradise on Earth.
- The spectacular backwaters are the main characteristic that makes Kerala so unique among the Indian States. It is a vast network of lagoons, canals, lakes, and rivers. The backwater cruise in ‘Kettuvallams’ (houseboats) is one of the most popular tourist activity in Kerala. Ashtamudi lake and Alleppey are the most beautiful parts of Kerala Backwaters.
- The highlands in the Western Ghats range of Kerala is a paradise for both adventure seekers and nature lovers. Wayanad, Munnar, Idukki, Palakkad, and Mattupetty are some of most scenic hill stations in Kerala. The high ranges of Kerala are also home to some of the unique species of flora and fauna.
- Kerala is a land of gorgeous waterfalls. The Athirapally falls in Thrissur district is the largest and most famous waterfalls in Kerala. Because of the beauty, this stunning waterfalls is renowned as the ‘Niagara of India.’ Vazhachal, Soochipara, Palaruvi, and Thusharagiri are other beautiful waterfalls in Kerala.
- Kerala has 366 miles long coastline with some beautiful, well-known beaches. With long stretches of sands, swaying palm trees and multi-colored sea shells, Kerala beaches are definitely among the top beaches of India. Kovalam, Varkala, Marani, Bekal, and Cherai are the most beautiful beaches in Kerala.