Best Reasons to visit the Great Wall of China
- The great wall is the most popular landmark of China and one of the greatest architectural wonders of the Ancient world.
- It is not a continuous wall. The great wall combines circular walls, parallel walls, and side walls.
- Different Dynasties of China built the great wall. Emperor Qin Shi Huang made the first part of this wall between 220 B.C and 206 B.C. Since then, different dynasties added new sections to the original wall.
- With a total length of 5500.3 miles, the great wall is the longest structures man have ever built on the face of the Earth.
- The height of the Great wall ranges from 16-33 feet and also has a width between 13-15 feet.
- Without aid, the great wall of China is difficult to observe from space.
- Many parts of the Great wall eroded. Only a few sections of original wall remain today.
- The Badaling in Beijing city is the most visited section of the Great Wall of China. This section of wall built by Ming Dynasty and also has undergone restoration.