Best Reasons to visit Great Blue Hole, Belize
- The great blue hole is a natural underwater sinkhole located 70 km away from the mainland of Belize. It is the most popular dive destination in the country.
- The great blue hole is almost circular. It is 300 meters wide and 125 meters deep.
- This unusual sinkhole is known for its deep blue color that caused by the presence of white carbonate sand and transparency of water.
- Formed in the ice age by the opening of a dry cave and melting of huge ice blocks.
- It is a world-class destination for scuba diving.
- The walls of the Great blue hole is millions of years old. It is also home to some of the amazing marine species including nurse shark, reef shark, and giant groupers.