Best Reasons to visit Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
- Galapagos is an archipelago of volcanic Islands in the Pacific Ocean. It is one of the most famous wildlife destinations in the world.
- Galapagos is a unique place where three main ocean currents are converged.
- Galapagos Islands can be visited year around. You can find unique flora and fauna, fantastic lava formations, lush green forests, and tropical beaches.
- As a result of uniqueness and remoteness, the Galapagos is home to a large number of endemic species. The wildlife in the unique Islands of Galapagos is extremely tame due to the lack of natural predators.
- Marine iguana, Galapagos fur seal, Galapagos penguin, flightless cormorant, and Galapagos tortoise are some of the fantastic endemic animals of Galapagos. The Galapagos tortoise is the most famous species of this archipelago. With a length between 4-5 feet and weigh up to 320 kilograms, it is the largest land animal of Galapagos. They have a lifespan over 100 years.
- Galapagos Island also has a rich history. The famous English Naturalist Charles Darwin visited this Island in 1835. Many species of Galapagos featured on his book ‘The origin of species’ that published in 1859.