Best Reasons to visit Antarctica
- Unspoiled by the urbanization, Antarctica is one of few places on Earth where you can enjoy the beauty of nature at its best.
- Antarctica is the coldest place on Earth with an average temperature of -49 degree Celsius.
- Most areas of Antarctica covered with thick sheet of ice. In some parts the thickness measures over 1 mile.
- Antarctica is home to some of the unusual species of animals and birds. They are well adapted to live in the harsh conditions of Antarctica. Penguins are the most popular animal of Antarctica. There are eight species of penguins live in Antarctica. Upon them, the Adelie and the Emperor penguins are found nowhere else in the world.
- Apart from penguins, the crabeater seals, elephant seal, dusky dolphin, killer whale, wandering albatross and Antarctic shags are also found in Antarctica.
- Antarctica is one the best whale watching destinations in the world. Humpback, blue, minke, sperm, fin, sei and killer whales are the commonly found species of whales in Antarctica.
- Most of the glacial ice of Earth found in Antarctica, and it is also home to many amazing glaciers. About 77000 sq. Km area of Antarctica covered by glaciers.
- There is almost no activity to match with the kayak excursion in Antarctica. December to March is the best time for kayaking in Antarctica. You can paddle amongst the huge icebergs in the coasts of Antarctica.